Pages

Amazon Interview experience!!!


On October 5th 2012, first round of Telephone they schedule. And their tracking was very good. I got the call on time. And below are the questions I faced during my ~40 Min's interview.

1. Introduce yourself
2. Arrange the linked list in such a way that all odd numbers should come first and even numbers last (don't copy the elements, rearrange the nodes). Click here for the C Implementation.
3. Find the least common ancestor of a given element in the binary search tree.
Initially they asked the explanation, then they asked to write the code and then asked to mail that code to them.

And the Interview went well, I got the call for the second round of interview for F2F.

On October 13th 2012, they scheduled an interview for the second round.
I reached the venue on time , they called me after 20mins.
When I entered into the interview room, interviewer told me that, we are having 1hr time, we try to solve two problems, if the time is more, we will try to do more questions. And during that 1hr interview, I did only two questions. These are the questions which I faced

1. Create a single linked list in such a way that we can able to traverse backwards also. (This is not a reversing linked list) :
         I told the way doing this, But I could not found the logic for that, he asked the logic, this question took more time to me to solve.
Click here for the C code. and here is the explaination.
2. find the nearest value of a given element in a binary search tree:
        I told the logic and concept for this question and he asked me write the complete code, I wrote the code and unfortunately I missed on condition check, but he asked that condition only ;-)

Interview went well, and I am waiting for the next round call(not sure whether it was cleared or not ;-)).

2 comments:

  1. hey ! did u get the call for further rounds ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did u get the call for further rounds? Any Updates?.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *